Dealing with: Self-Esteem / Self-Care

Your GP (family doctor)

General Practitioner (GP) is the official term for the doctor who provides services to people in his/her surgery or in the patient’s home. Most people simply refer to GPs as their doctor or family doctor. GPs provide services free of charge to medical card holders.

Your Guidance Counsellor

Guidance counsellors advise students and young people so that they can make informed choices about their future in relation to employment, education and training. Responsibilities include assessing ability and potential in students, providing one-to-one counselling, and liaising with other professionals in this area.